Saturday, November 02, 2013

Happy November

This is how far I got with this before I ran out of steam today.  I'm lovin' it :)  I fell in love with Kelly's Giant Log Cabins, and decided I just had to make one too.  Here's a link to her blog http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com/2013/06/giant-log-cabin-quilt-tutorial.html


I couldn't believe that there was a johnny-jumpup blooming in the yard at the end of October.  Yesterday evening I decided to pull out ancient leaf fabrics and make a quilt.  As of this morning, this is how far I've gotten.  It feels WONDERFUL to finally be playing in all of this fabric stash that is destined to dry-rot if I don't get on with chopping and sewing.  My little pillow is in memory of Dewey and Badger, and my friend, Donna's in NC Otis and Riley.

4 comments:

Terry said...

I see some familiar fabrics in your fall leaves quilt! I'm really enjoying sewing with the fabric I've had sitting around for so long. :0)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Giant log cabins look wonderful and you can't beat the time they take. Yours is wonderful! Such fun using your Fall fabrics but now..'giterdone' before Christmas pressure is on! ;-)

Sarah Lizzie said...

Ooooh....I love your doggity dog cushion, 'tis so, so sweet!!

Karen H said...

Love the pillow - so cute! And I love what you've done with the fall fabric!