Tuesday, November 12, 2013

On A Roll


The color in these photos is not good, but it's a cold, grey, blustery day and I didn't have the flash on on the camera.  The leaf quilt is as long as it's going to get, and I pieced the Giant Star (tutorial by Jeni Baker http://www.incolororder.com/2011/08/giant-vintage-star-quilt-tutorial.html) over the last couple of days.  I don't know how long she has had that tutorial out there, but every time I've come across it or a quilt made by her tutorial, I've wanted to make one.  Now it can start aging while I decide on my next top---I'm already thinking it may be a quilt called Turning Leaves.  The leaf block is pieced.  I also want to make more Skinny Churn Dash blocks AND I definitely need a Giant Churn Dash quilt.  There's also the sorta-Giant Courthouse Steps log cabin that keeps calling my name, along with a few others.  Hmmm... :D

Marlee is at the vet's having her teeth cleaned.  She also has a swollen right front foot.  Vet thinks she may have stubbed her 'toe'.  At least no bones are broken in it.  She also had a pre-molar that was becoming infected, so it was a good thing I took her in when I did.  I'm headed out to bring her home now.

7 comments:

Mrs.P said...

Who are you making all these for? I love the leaf quilt!!!

Mrs.P said...

Sooo talented, Love you! :)

Janet O. said...

Wow, sounds like you have lots of "BIG" plans!!

Sarah Lizzie said...

'Tis a busy gal you are!! Just the thing to while away those cold wintry days!!

Q said...

zip, zap zip....
You are creating masterpieces...
wow..
gorgeous quilt tops.

Prima Donna said...

Hey, Angie. I saw a comment from you on Julie's blog. I clicked on your blog to find out where you are in TN. I live in Nashville. Imagine my surprise when I saw the star quilt I have been basting this afternoon. Here is my granddaughters Vintage Star quilt. http://www.quiltedchocolate.com/2013/07/a-star-is-born.html
I'm using the other half of her fat quarters to make my own.

Shasta Matova said...

I fully understand your plight - I too have so many quilts that I want to make, and now that I have discovered Pinterest, I find a new project I want to start every five minutes! You're making great progress.