Friday, April 04, 2014

Friends Never Say Goodbye


My soul-sister, Flanagan, moved from Rutledge, TN, to Nashville, TN, on March 21, 2014, and I don't have the words to even begin describing the void that is left in my world.  I know, I know, she's as close as my next heart-beat---but I also know that rather than 45 mins. away, she is now 4-1/2 hours away.  Not quite as conducive to meeting and running for coffee and groceries together.  I am so very grateful to have had her 'next door' for the last seven years...I have never had such a bond form before, and she has brought me more joy and 'gifts' than I could ever name or thank her for.  She truly is my 'twin flame' sister of the heart.  So, although I feel as if I'm in a period of grieving and mourning, I know in my heart that, as Elton John says, "Friends Never Say Goodbye".

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I truly feel for you, Angie. I have had this happen a couple of times. Kindred spirits are hard to come by and the separation, after forming that bond, is painful!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Moving/leaving good friends is very difficult. We've moved numerous times because of my DH's career and it is so hard to say goodbye. ((hugs)) for you!

Kim said...

I'm sorry, Angie, this is a really tough time and will be a huge adjustment...not made willingly, I know. It's not easy to be the one to leave either and I feel for both you and your dear sister friend. Hugs!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Loss of any kind is still loss, and this is a very special and dear one, I can tell. How lovely she is, it shines forth. The one thing I have learned is that heartstrings never come untied. My mother is still connected and she is in another realm completely! Those 4 1/2 hrs will fly..road trip!

Chris said...

Hi Angie, I know how you feel. My best friend moved across town from just down the hall. Neither of us drive so we won't see as much of each other. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day and a Happy Easter. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Dolores said...

There is always skype...

Kim said...

I was thinking about you today and wondering how you are faring with your soul sister having moved. I hope you are travelling okay.

Natsu Uaganda said...

Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
AllTimeProfit.com